Home Equity Line of Credit

Is a Home Equity Line of Credit Right For You?

A home equity line of credit (HELOC) is a second mortgage on your home and is typically used for two main purposes.  The most common is to avoid costly PMI on a home purchase or refinance that is typically associated with putting less than 20% down.  For example, if you have saved up a 10% down payment, instead of obtaining a single loan for the other 90% and be forced to pay mortgage insurance, you can potentially secure a 10% HELOC to ‘build’ a 20% down payment, thus avoiding having to pay mortgage insurance.  You may have also heard this loan referred to by its other name, 80-10-10.

Another reason you may want to secure a HELOC is to remodel your home.  As mentioned in (Home Remodel page in the Refinance category), a HELOC might be all or part of a home improvement strategy to finally have the house of your dreams.

Start a Conversation Today

It’s easier to figure out which financial tool will work best for you when you have access to expert advice. Turn to UMAX Mortgage in California for home equity loan expertise!

Find Out About Our Zero Cost Refi Loan Program

Calculate Mortgage Payments


2000 Broadway St.
Redwood City, CA 94063

5170 Golden Foothills Pkwy
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762

2173 Salk Avenue Suite 250
Carlsbad, CA 92008


Equal Housing Lender

CA Bur of Real Estate - Real Estate Broker - Broker#01514348. 

NMLS#: 780963

These materials are not from HUD or FHA and were not approved by HUD or a government agency. 

Any rates quoted are not guaranteed and are subject to market fluctuations.

Privacy Policy